DC TEST aims to establish a common RECOGNITION PROCESS AND A COMMON CERTIFICATION MODEL of the Basic Digital Competences in Europe.
Nowadays, there are only two regions in Spain (Region of Galicia and Catalonia) which have developed a local standard model of recognition and an official certification model for Digital Competences but, there is not a national common certification and common recognition process regarding Digital Competences. Most of the EU Countries face the same problem as there is not a common approved European Certification model.
The project aims to analyse the situation of the Basic Digital recognition process and certification models in the EU (mainly in the Partner Countries) and to develop a common basic digital competences recognition process and to create an EU Certification Model in this field.
The project will establish a long-term Training Network based on ICT, which will also promote trainers and teachers mobility from network members.
- To create a Process of Revision of the existing Framework for Developing and understanding Digital Competences in Europe and an analysis, adaptation and updating of the required digital competence (DC) for the following profiles: Teachers/trainers and users/learners in Communication and social marketing, Digital Touristic management and Digital Tour Guide. That is, to create a specific Digital Competence Grid and a Self-Assessment grid for all these profiles as the prior step to create useful training materials for teachers in these areas and users/learners in order to be a master in these competences. (Validation and recognition).
- To create a specific framework identifying, for each profile, all the required digital competences, and provide for each competence a description, descriptors, examples of levels, attitudes, skills and examples of applicability in different contexts and different purposes.
- - To design an innovative educational portal, a e-Learning Training Web Centre to organise and to test the training materials of the two on-line expected Digital Competences courses (one for trainers/teachers [O3] and another to learners [O5], On-line courses would be attended by 48 trainers/teachers and 120 learners.
- - To create a Methodological guide Handbook stating the on-line training courses methodology, content, style, achieved results (Digital Competences improvements and learners outputs) and mode.
- - To create a Digital Competence Certification for the following profiles: experts in communication and social marketing, Digital Touristic management and Digital Tour Guide experts. The Certificate will represent the competences and learning outcomes and will serve as the basic document for recognition and transparency.
On one hand:
- Teachers/Trainers in Communication and social marketing.
- Teachers/Trainers in Digital Touristic management.
- Digital Tour Guide teachers/trainers.
On the other hand:
- Learners/Technicians in Communication and social marketing. This segment of stakeholders is comprised of learners and Technicians that want to work in the following areas: communication, social and digital marketing experts, community managers, Link building (SEO and SEM) or Web 2.0/3.0 experts.
- Learners/Technicians in Digital Touristic management. Learners and Technicians that want to work in the following areas: on-line booking management, touristic contents developers and management, touristic social media (Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter for tourism), touristic blogs, webs and wikis managers, etc
- Learners/Technicians to be Digital Tour Guide. Learners and Technicians that want to work as future Digital Travel Guide, touristic on-line books, Touristic App guides developers and App guides management, Internet city guides data management.
Project activities will include:
1. Analysis of the European Context. Analysis of the EU starting point regarding the Basic Digital Competences recognition process and Certification models, mainly in the partner countries. Study / Survey.
2. Analysis and definition of those Basic Digital Key Skills (especially in the participating countries). Identification of Basic Needs.
a. Selection of those transversal key skills in the Basic Digital Competences in Europe.
3. Elaboration of Training Materials to foster those identified EU transversal Basic Digital key skills. Workshops and discussion meetings in each participating country to analyse these key skills. Workshops addressed to trainers and teachers of Basic Digital courses.
4. Testing of Training Materials: Blended Mobility of some students for testing the created training materials. Students will attend a 3 weeks Basic Digital training Course.
5. Analysis of Workshops and the Blended Mobility. Final recognition process and Model of Certification. ECVET System.
The envisaged project period is October 2015 – September 2017.
Intelectual Outputs mind map
INTEGRA CONSULTORIA (Spain, coordinator)
Integra Consultoría Coruña SL was founded in 2004 in the city of A Coruña as an initiative of young people interested in the field of integration and European cooperation and support with the ultimate goal of operating and working with young people through a structure help and support to work experience, learning various languages, training of new professional figures that make innovations in the Galician region and improving knowledge of European labour system promoting multilingualism and multicultural dialogue.
Integra Consultoría Coruña SL promotes international mobility intended for young people and adults - usually for employed persons, apprentices, unemployed persons and union members - in order to help individuals and organizations become more successful in global markets through the acquisition of foreign language proficiency, intercultural awareness and improvement of vocational qualifications.
IHK - PROJEKTGESELLSCHAFT MBH (GERMANY)
IHK-Projektgesellschaft mbH is a service provider for Vocational Education and Training (VET) at regional, national and international level. We have already completed 32 national and international projects in all kinds of different EU-funded programs.
Our team consists of 60 highly qualified specialists. We provide services for companies, enterprises, institutions as well as individuals. IHK-Projektgesellschaft mbH has established and applies a quality management system for planning, conception and management of educational programmes, projects and other services. We are regularly subject of audits. They proof that the requirements according to ISO 9001:2008 are fulfilled.
BILDUNGSWERK DER NIEDERSÄCHSISCHEN WIRTSCHAFT (GERMANY)
The Bildungswerk der Niedersächsischen Wirtschaft (BNW) has been the leading partner for educational and training development processes for more than 40 years. Every year, we assist more than 50,000 people in becoming aware of their opportunities and enhancing their skills. For more than 1,000 Lower Saxony companies every year, we offer holistic and future-oriented educational solutions to develop and advance their employees. This is our reliable contribution to the economy, politics and society. With more than 1,000 employees in more than 60 locations, we are always ready to lend a hand to our customers all over Lower Saxony.
GAZI UNIVERSITY (TURKEY)
Gazi University is one of the few universities whose history dates back to 1920s. Gazi University carries out its educational and research activities with its 22 faculties, 13 colleges, 9 Vocational High Schools, 35 research centers and 7 institutes and it still claims it is a higher education institution which is worthy to Atatürk. The university has faculties of Education, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Engineering and Architecture, Economics and Administrative, Communcation, Science and Arts, Law, Fine Arts. Being the leader of the country with its education faculties, Gazi University has faculties of Industrial Arts, Gazi Education, Vocational Education, Technical Education, Commerce and Tourism In addition to the students from all around the country Gazi has also more than 1500 foreign students from Turkic states. It also meets the needs of academic staff of other universities with more than 5 thousand students in master and PhD programmes. Gazi University carries out its education in different campuses. Having three campus called Besevler, Emek and Maltepe in Ankara. With its 70 thousand students and more than 4000 academic staff the university is close to the world average in terms of the number of students per instructor. Gazi is one of the big universities with its faculties from education to communication, from fine arts to engineering, sports to forestry, medicine to pharmacy, dentistry to science and arts, economics to technology.
ACADEMIA POSTAL 3 (SPAIN)
Academia Postal 3 is an entity of the Group Academia Postal member of AGAEMP and FEDEMP, partner of the bussines confederation of regional area. Postal 3 is a referent of the current formative map in the Iberian peninsula, with centres in Galicia, Valladolid, Madrid and Barcelona. A strong presence in the sector of labor training makes to Postal 3 a solid partner in the development of project with aims focused on supported training and employment operators.
Postal 3 employs 50 permanent staff like technicians, managers, and support personnel in our regional offices, further trainers and teachers, until 300 work and collaborate with us in a year. With a turnover of 2.3 million we formed around 10.000 students in more than 500 courses per year. Postal 3 works in different scopes, local, regional, national and international, depending on the project, in several areas, adapting the characteristic and development of the courses to the needs of every target group.
Training and consulting are the main areas of expertise of Postal 3 with a powerful team of technicians who meet a extensive experience in these fields.
the specific social context is the result of the current economic crisis, in 2013, the spanish labour market was still being determined by the economic crisis. Key figures for the Spain did not improve: they either continued to show negative trends (unemployment) or remained relatively stable in relation to the year before (employment). In addition, developments in the labour market did not affect regions in the same way or to the same extent. As a result, the differences between regions increased.
AREZZO INNOVAZIONE (ITALY)
Arezzo Innovazione is a public organization founded in 2003 by local entities with the aim to support the development of local economy through research and innovation transfer activities.
The organization was born with particular attention to the fashion and jewellery sector, today it has enlarged its competence in order to give answers to the entire manufacturing sector.
The actual configuration includes an informatic laboratory with specific softwares dedicated to 3d modellisation and planning, a digital fabrication laboratory with laser cutter, 3D printing, scanner laser and other instruments and accessories for the electronic and mechanical laboratory. Moreover Arezzo Innovazione is a structure recognized from Tuscany Region as structure able to give support to startups.
AKTO COLLEGE (GREECE)
ΑΚΤΟ is the largest educational group, in Art, Design and Media, in Greece. Applied Arts are taught at AKTO in a global, multidisciplinary spirit, combining scientific theory and artistic practice in a unique way. Our mission is to encoura gestudents, assist them in highlighting their talents and skills and discover their own creativity. AKTO family includes AKTO College, AKTO IVT and AKTO Training LLC.
AKTO College offers postgraduate and undergraduate programmes of studies, at a Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree and a Master of Arts in Design level, validated by Middlesex University.
AKTO Institute of Vocational Training offers two year vocational training programmes, regulated by the Greek state, offering greater flexibility in attendance requirements and student fees, with the status and reliability of the mosts pecialized educational institution in Art &Design.
AKTO Training Lifelong Learning Centre offers flexible Open Learning and DistanceLearning programmes of studies, together with specialised seminarcycles, aiming at further developing Art and Design, providing education as well as possibilities of life-long learning.